Kafka’s Java client offers five core APIs:
- The Admin API for inspecting and managing Kafka objects like topics and brokers.
- The Producer API for writing (publishing) to topics.
- The Consumer API for reading (subscribing to) topics.
- The Kafka Streams API to provide access for applications and microservices to higher-level stream processing functions.
- The Kafka Connect API for creating import and export connectors to external systems and applications.
These are all available in multiple languages, including Python and Go.
Other programming languages have a variety of libraries available for using Kafka.
Check out the Apache Kafka documentation for more information.