What's in the Workshop Recipe?
In this session you'll learn how to interact with the OpenSearch cluster with the help of OpenSearch NodeJS client - create an index, add documents, search and aggregate data.
At the end we’ll visualise results with OpenSearch Dashboards and sink the data from Apache Kafka.
NodeJS engineers who are ready to add search and aggregation features to their applications should attend this session; no previous knowledge of OpenSearch is required.
Related resource in our developer center: Start using OpenSearch with NodeJS
Prepare for a Brain Upgrade
You will learn:
- Overview on OpenSearch architecture
- Set up the cluster and prepare NodeJS project
- Load sample data (we'll use a dataset with 20k recipes)
- Explore different types of search queries: term-level, full-text and boolean
- Explore different types of aggregations: metric, bucket, pipeline
Visualisations with the help of OpenSearch Dashboards
During the workshop you’ll create an Aiven account using the free trial.
Mastodon → Apache Kafka® → OpenSearch® → knowledge
Meet your compliance goals using Aiven for OpenSearch®, S3 storage and Aiven for Apache Kafka®.