Important changes to Aiven free plans

We wanted to let you know about upcoming changes to the usage policy.

Aiven launched free plans to make getting started with open source technologies quicker and easier for everyone. Starting today, free plans will be automatically powered off if they aren’t actively used, contributing to keeping our operations environmentally sustainable. You will be notified in advance about any free plans that are scheduled to be powered off, via email and notification in the Aiven platform.

If you’re enjoying our service, we recommend looking into our entry-level Hobbyist plan, starting at $19/month, that will allow you to enjoy all the benefits of the full Aiven platform and keep your plans active even when you are not using them.

Join us in the effort to reduce our carbon footprint by powering off or deleting any unused plans yourself at any time in the Aiven Console. Check out our website to learn more about Aiven’s sustainability practices.

4 Likes

Please fix errors of “if they aren’t actively used”.
My database is unstop used with Termination protection Enabled, and I keep getting every 2 weeks an email saying:

Hello,
You haven’t used Aiven for a while.

Free services are automatically powered off if they or the Aiven platform aren’t actively used. Log in to Aiven Console to keep your free services running.

To reduce your carbon footprint, you can also power off or delete services yourself at any time.

Regards,
Team Aiven

This shouldn’t be received if database is used. And you shouldn’t require every 2 weeks to login in https://console.aiven.io in order to keep free plan.
Also me and many others signup for free database without having policy of “short time expiration”, and it might be unlawful to you to force on it customers that signed before this.

2 weeks ago I chatted with support about this issues and was told you will get back to me, but no one responded me.

Hey there, @laukstein. Sorry to hear you are getting some emails it sounds like you shouldn’t! Your request has been posted to some internal channels for visibility. Appreciate the report.