Hacktoberfest 2023 is soon upon us!

It’s September (“Pretember”) and that means that Hacktoberfest is just around the corner. Hacktoberfest is a month-long (October), annual celebration of open source software - and it’s been 10 years :balloon: . The main player behind Hacktoberfest is Digital Ocean. Everyone is encouraged to make at least 4 pull contributions to participating projects, to unlock digital swag (and trees get planted in your name :deciduous_tree: ).

The Klaw team at Aiven is excited to participate this year. We’ve triaged a good number of good-first-issues for both the main Klaw project as well as the Klaw documentation website for external community members (that’s you!) to pick up. From September 26 onwards you can register to participate in Hacktoberfest. Have a look at our repositories, klaw and klaw-docs, and we would be happy for your contributions :pray: .

Tim Mamo from Digital Ocean also recommends contributing to Klaw :wink:

2 Likes

Looking forward to contribute.
Hello, I have a question, can I be a part of Aiven as a new graduate in 2024? tried to reach few members over linkedIn but didn’t get any response, I have experience ( 2 internship), I know there is no opening but want to know if I can be a part of the team

3 Likes

Hey! Do you mean you’d like to intern with us? I can try and figure out what opportunities if any we have.

But I mean certainly, participating in open source projects, during Hacktoberfest or otherwise, is valuable experience!

2 Likes

Yes, if possible. This is my latest resume Link. Please have a look at my resume and let me know if I can be a part of this team in 2024 :slightly_smiling_face:.

Yes, I know that. I even started my open-source journey with Hacktoberfest 2022. Just waiting for my exams to end…

1 Like