Certificate's public key

Hi,

I have a free redis db hosted with aiven, and I need its Certificate’s public key for verifying the connection locally.

I’m quite a redis newbie and couldn’t figure out how to dump it, can anyone guide me?

1 Like

I’m not quite sure I know what you need, as you don’t say how you’re making the connection - at the command line with redis-cli, in Python or some other programming language using a library, or within a Redis UI.
However, normally what one needs is a string that looks something like “rediss://default:PASSWORD:HOSTNAME:PORT” (where the words in CAPITALS are replaced by real data!).
You can get that by going to the Aiven console (https://console.aiven.io/) and choosing the service page for the Redis you created. On the Overview page, there’s a section called “Connection information”, and the first item there is the “Service URI”, which is the string I was talking about. You can copy it to the clipboard using the copy icon to the side.
If instead you’re using a library that wants it split into it parts (host, user, password, and so on) they’re available individually just below that.

There’s also a “Quick connect” button at the top of the “Connection information”, which gives some hints on how to connect with some common programming languages.

If that’s not what you need, then we probably need to know a bit more about what way you’re connecting to Redis.