Based on customer feedback, we have added a few more PostgreSQL service plan options to our offering.
All plans except Hobbyist now have four size variants each. We have also doubled the SSD disk space in our plans!
All plans include daily full backups and real-time streaming of incremental backups. Recovery to any point in time is supported. Also, forking a new database from any point in time in the backup history is possible.
Basic single-node plans
- Hobbyist: 1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB SSD at $19 / month ($0.026 / hour)
- Startup-4: 1 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD at $75 / month ($0.103 / hour)
- Startup-8: 2 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD at $150 / month ($0.205 / hour)
- Startup-16: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD at $300 / month ($0.411 / hour)
- Startup-32: 8 CPU, 32 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD at $600 / month ($0.822 / hour)
Startup plans store backup history for the last 24 hours.
Plans with a standby-node and automatic failover
The Business plans add a level of redundancy with a hot standby node that takes over if the master server stops functioning:
- Business-4: 1 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD at $200 / month ($0.274 / hour)
- Business-8: 2 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD at $400 / month ($0.548 / hour)
- Business-16: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD at $800 / month ($1.096 / hour)
- Business-32: 8 CPU, 32 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD at $1600 / month ($2.192 / hour)
Business plans have a full backups history over the last 14 days.
Plans with two standby nodes
The Premium plans add a second hot standby node, which means all database transactions are written to two nodes even during the time of a node failover.
- Premium-4: 1 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB SSD at $300 / month ($0.411 / hour)
- Premium-8: 2 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 100 GB SSD at $600 / month ($0.822 / hour)
- Premium-16: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB SSD at $1200 / month ($1.644 / hour)
- Premium-32: 8 CPU, 32 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD at $2400 / month ($3.288 / hour)
Premium plans have a full backups history over the last 30 days.
Aug 9, 2022
Aiven finishes the transition away from Elasticsearch: technical details
On 2022-08-23, Aiven will complete its migration away from Elasticsearch. Read on to find out how this affects the backwards compatibility we were providing.
Nov 16, 2021
Announcing support for AWS PrivateLink
Aiven services now support AWS PrivateLink for secure network connectivity. Find out what it means for you.
Sep 16, 2021
Aiven for PostgreSQL® 13 performance on GCP, AWS and Azure [Benchmark]
Welcome to our latest benchmark figures for Aiven for PostgreSQL on AWS, GCP and MS Azure. Find out how Aiven services perform across clouds.
Subscribe to the Aiven newsletter
All things open source, plus our product updates and news in a monthly newsletter.