FOSSY 2023, Portland, OR

Join Aiven’s Community Director Angie Byron for her session " Lessons Learned From Scaling An Open Source Community By 10,000%", about the Drupal project.

Fantastic! See you there @aiven_angie!

2 Likes

It was so great to connect with you there, @KrisFreedain :smiley: Hope to see you for a bit of OpenSearchCon later this month! :smiley:

Here’s the recording and slides from my talk on scaling open source communities, in case it’s of interest to anyone. :slight_smile:

FOSSY 2023 was Excellent is a great wrap-up by Erik L. Arneson about the event generally for those who couldn’t make it.

My take: This community-driven conference was a cool dynamic switch from a typical tech conference. While there were technical topics for sure—for example, there were tracks on on BSD Unix and ARM64—a lot of It was also very oriented around sharing best practices in community and open source project management. I was particularly impressed with the “hallway track” of this event—there were open source luminaries literally anywhere you looked :open_mouth: and only about 200 or so attendees this first time out, so was easy to find time and opportunity to chat with them. Lots of praise under the #FOSSY and #FOSSY2023 tags (esp. on Mastodon :wink: ) from folks who attended.

You can check out the rest of the talks at Internet Archive.

2 Likes