Introduce yourself!

Hey Aiven folks!

I’m Chief Architect at Amplifier Security. We are a start up focused on Human Centric Security. I’m mostly writing code, talking to customers, and breaking stuff. We have a Node/TypeScript stack running on GCP. We use Aiven for MySQL right now, with plans to add Redis, and Graphana. Future use cases will probably leverage Kafka for real time event processing, and ClickHouse for data analytics.
I’m excited to see what’s next for the platform.

6 Likes

Great to meet you, @amp-davidespo ! :smiley: Thanks a lot too for jumping in to help answer some other folks’ questions! :heart:

2 Likes

Hello Aiven community -

I’m Jeff, a fellow crab :crab: here at Aiven hailing from Austin, Texas.

I manage our global demand generation and field marketing teams. I’m passionate about learning about our customers and supporting the community however I can. I joined Aiven because I love open-source. In a former life, I helped the US government create publicly accessible datasets and APIs, and adopt open-source and github (primarily at the US Census Bureau with the CitySDK project)

If you are in the Austin area I’m always up for tacos or bbq :slight_smile:

Happy to connect on Twitter or LinkedIn!

4 Likes

Hello Aiven members!

I’m user experience interaction designer at GE Aerospace. I’m recently start 100days of coding challenge in python and expand my knowledge in machine learning AI. Python is my major focus right now, I’m very excited to be part of this community and looking forward to learn and contribute with you all. Linkedin connect me as professionally here.

5 Likes

Yay! Welcome to our community, @Bhavuk_Thakur! Major respect for your field, so much can be done to make the user experience of tech more accessible to all! :smiley: Hope you are enjoying your Pythoning! :snake:

I see from your LinkedIn that you’re located in Bangalore; we are planning to roll out an Open Source Data Infrastructure Meetup to India later this year! Stay tuned! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi community,

I’m Jorge, I am part of Aiven’s support team, working with all the products that Aiven offers and willing to learn from the community and contribute.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

I’m Ally, I’m one of the Support Engineers here at Aiven for the APAC region :wave:

I love helping our customers by solving unique issues on the daily :sunglasses:

I’m looking forward to getting to know you all more :smile:

2 Likes

Hello Friends,

I am Johnson from KBS Technologies, and I’m delighted to be a part of this platform.

I bring expertise in AWS, DevOps, Azure, Data Science, Python, and Java.

I have come here to further develop my skills, enhance problem-solving abilities, and seek guidance from experts to improve.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @johnsonit so happy to have you join us!

I’ve been using Aiven for a while and joined the forum for the fist time (is the community slack gone?)

I am co-founder at Timeplus and we open-sourced our core engine at GitHub - timeplus-io/proton: A streaming SQL engine, a fast and lightweight alternative to Apache Flink, 🚀 powered by ClickHouse. Last few days, I setup a Kafka on avien, generate some live data and use Proton to read and transform/aggregate the data and send them to a ClickHouse service on aiven with subsecond latency.

You can also chat with me on Jove Zhong - Timeplus | LinkedIn

1 Like

Hey @jove I don’t think we ever had a community Slack (yet) but we’re working on launching another realtime communication channel. I see on your Linkedin that you’re in Canada, are you connected with any Aiveners over there?

Hi Floor, I was in a slack for Aiven Startup Program. Yes, I am in Vancouver Canada and had a couple of meeting with “local” Aiveners :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Ah, that’s what you mean with Slack then, you were part of the Cluster channel I guess :slight_smile:

@jove Hey neat, I’m in Vancouver too! (well. :wink: out in the 'burbs.) If you ever want to grab coffee and nerd out about open source data stuff, let me know! :smiley:

1 Like

Sure, happy to have a coffee together. Let me DM you.

1 Like