We’re excited to announce that our next Cloud Chats by Aiven webinar is “Apache Kafka 101: The Why, What and How” on Wednesday, June 17 at 3 p.m. CEST/9 a.m. EDT. Click here to reserve your spot.
You’ve probably read a lot about Apache Kafka by now, but have you ever wondered why it is the way it is, and what makes it so popular these days as a messaging queue, and how to use it? In this webinar, we’ll look at:
- Why did Apache Kafka come about?
- The need for asynchronous communication in today’s systems.
- Apache Kafka architecture and how it supports async communication.
- Complementary technologies, like ZooKeeper, MirrorMaker 2.0 and Karapace.
- The advantages of a managed Apache Kafka service.
We’ll wrap things up with a brief producer/consumer demo, to highlight Apache Kafka’s functionality.
The webinar will be presented by John Hammink, Developer Advocate at Aiven.io, and hosted by Chris Gwilliams, Solution Architect.