We’re excited to announce that our next Cloud Chats by Aiven webinar is “Apache Kafka 101: The Why, What and How” on Wednesday, June 17 at 3 p.m. CEST/9 a.m. EDT. Click here to reserve your spot.
You’ve probably read a lot about Apache Kafka by now, but have you ever wondered why it is the way it is, and what makes it so popular these days as a messaging queue, and how to use it? In this webinar, we’ll look at:
- Why did Apache Kafka come about?
- The need for asynchronous communication in today’s systems.
- Apache Kafka architecture and how it supports async communication.
- Complementary technologies, like ZooKeeper, MirrorMaker 2.0 and Karapace.
- The advantages of a managed Apache Kafka service.
We’ll wrap things up with a brief producer/consumer demo, to highlight Apache Kafka’s functionality.
The webinar will be presented by John Hammink, Developer Advocate at Aiven.io, and hosted by Chris Gwilliams, Solution Architect.
You can find out more about the webinar and register here.